Thursday, June 30, 2011

Are we secure?


Security. Always a question on our minds. Home security...are we safe in our own homes? Are our belongings safe when we leave home? HomeLAND security...is our country safe? Can we travel with our family or even with students around the country and be sure of our own safety? And now... Mobile security...are we safe in cyber world? Let me start with an example. Last week I traveled to Kansas City, MO with a total of 25 students from my school (and 4 other instructors) for a weeklong national competition and conference for SkillsUSA. Internet was only available at our hotel for a high price, so I used my mobile phone throughout the week to do most of my cyber correspondence. I routinely checked my email, even paid a few bills online via my mobile phone. We checked student scores, reviewed old class materials for practice, and even kept up with our local college baseball team's scores at the College World Series. Was our safety compromised throughout our week of no wireless Internet access? And if so, what could we possibly do to prevent further security issues? As a Droid user myself, I find information such as this interesting in my search for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment