Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sorry, I think I'm getting some feedback...

Surveys, Quizzes., Open-ended Responses, Oh My! Feedback is no longer just the noise from a walkie talkie that is almost out of range. In a world of instant gratification, students want feedback...instantly. Likewise, their parents want feedback...instantly. A grade is no longer good enough. Like a small child who wants to know the reason and cause for everything...everyone is asking WHY? Why did I receive the grade I received? Why did my child not pass your class? Why does Joe have a higher average than me? There are many resources that provide options for in-class feedback (both for the teacher and the student). But what is hard about feedback? It takes TIME. Well what about our new friend the QR Code? Could it be the time-saving formative feedback answer to prayers? Make your own opinion. I will be interested to see how technology further breaks the time crunch barrier for in this case, formative feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment