Friday, July 8, 2011

Coding....QR style.

Do you want to find me on Facebook?


qrcode

Have a look at my wedding website?


qrcode

Or how about take a look at my school?


qrcode

Or maybe just create one yourself?


qrcode

Reading QR codes is as easy as downloading yet another app to scan the images. Creating QR codes is just as easy. Simply go to a generator site and paste a link. I am very fortunate that my students have already been using QR codes and it was very easy to incorporate into my class. Since I teach Digital Art & Design (graphic design) I had my students to start creating QR Codes and using them in their designs this past Spring. We have been slowly creating a brochure for each program offered at our school and starting placing a QR code on the back panel of each brochure that would lead readers to the class website for that particular program. We have also used them on magazine advertisements, flyers, and other promotional pieces. It was very easy for me to show real world benefit of using QR codes within designs and how useful they can be for advertising and marketing purposes. I am excited to incorporate them even more into my curriculum for the Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment